Before completing our online membership application, please read the following information to determine if you qualify for membership and what information you will need to complete the application.
ELIGIBILITY – Who Can Join?
Membership in PowerNet is open to all members of the Florida Building and Construction Trade Unions; their members, retirees, and immediate family members; and organizations/affiliations of said Unions, which includes employees of the Unions, Union contractors, and Union Trade Associations; and immediate family members of Credit Union members.
If you are not sure if you qualify for membership, please contact our Member Service Department to determine if you are eligible before you complete the online application. You may reach us toll-free at (888) 463-6237, during normal business hours.
JOIN NOW ONLINE
Individuals (Personal accounts) may apply online to open a new membership. Business and Custodial Accounts must open their accounts at one of our branch offices.
In order to complete the online membership application, you will need the following information:
- Eligibility – Name of Union and Local Number (call us before you apply to verify your eligibility).
- Social Security Number, and Unexpired, government issued Driver’s License or State I.D. Number.
- If you want a Joint Owner on the account, the Joint Owner’s Name, Address, Social Security Number, and Driver’s License or State I.D.
- If you name an account Beneficiary(s), Beneficiary’s Name, Address, Phone, and Social Security Number.
- Your Current Account information for funding your New PowerNet Account (if you wish to fund your account electronically), or you may mail us a check for your opening deposit.
- A minimum $5 deposit to open the required Share (saving) account.
- If opening a Share-Draft (checking) account as well, an additional minimum $5 deposit for that account.
- Once your application has been submitted, you will be required to print an Account Card. The Account Card must be signed by the Applicant, and Joint Applicant (if applicable), and sent to PowerNet with a copy of the Driver’s License for the Applicant, and Joint Applicant (if applicable).